Tuesday, September 21, 2010

pregnant pause

Followers of my blog (imaginary, but devoted): you have just experienced a pregnant pause. Literally. Shortly after my last post, we were overjoyed to discover that we were expecting again. We were shocked a short time later to discover that we are expecting twins! Dan was unable to be present during the ultrasound (regulations prohibiting children kept him waiting out in the van with the crew). I was overwhelmed, thrilled, terrified, and so happy. In the intervening months, we have sold our house (yea!), experienced life in a two bedroom basement apartment with six children (no comment), found a very comfortable rental (a blessing), made some life-altering decisions (more about that later), and watched my belly grow (and grow). I am almost 35 weeks along and huge. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Sean Michael and Sarah Dovelynn. The tiny clothes have been washed and admired, folded and put away. I have finished sewing blankets, sheets, and burp clothes. The crib is set up, the carseats are buckled in place, and my hospital bag is packed. Now all that is left is to wait, pray, and wait some more. My next lapse in communication may be even longer, but now you know why.

No comments: